Plaque refinishing and restoration by Sacred Engraving makes your old, damaged, tarnished or dingy plaques look new again!
Plaques have meaning. They pay tribute to a special place. They remember a loved one or someone who left a lasting legacy. Oftentimes, they connote a significant historical event or achievement. Therefore, they should always look pristine and well cared for. A passersby or people stopping to pay their respects should be able to easily read and understand the significance of the space.
However, outside plaques and historical markers encounter many types of inclement weather, climates, environments, and other calamities. Additionally, indoor plaques may also suffer their share of wear and tear, or even accidental damage. Even the sturdiest and best made plaques will incur damage or lose their luster over time. Metal plaques are not immune to the aging process. Therefore, sometimes they need a little extra attention and care.
Plaque Refinishing: Restoring the Beauty
Your tarnished, damaged, and weathered bronze or aluminum plaque can be restored to its original luster with our plaque refinishing and restoration services.
This service includes:
- Sandblasting: Through this process, we remove any old paint, built-up dirt and/or tarnish.
- Repainting: We repaint the plaque in the original color or the color of your choice (from our stock colors).
- Regrinding: We lightly grind all raised surfaces to a brushed finish to restore the beauty of the original detail.
- Clear coating: Once the plaque is refinished, we clear-coat the entire plaque for extended protection.
Cost: ~ 75 cents per square inch*
Shipping is additional.
*Restoration of heavy damage, such as holes, gouges, missing letters, deformities, etc., is an additional cost. Extra charges may also apply to plaques with bas-relief, such as three-dimensional portraits and other sculpted features.
* To compute the area of your plaque, multiply the height by the width (e.g., 8” x 10” = 80 sq. in.). Prices subject to change without notice.